3/27/2006

Fullness of the Gospel: Life Before Birth

I have been a little bit surprised that there have been so few comments on the improvement to the Ensign the last few months, particularly the addition of 'The Fullness of the Gospel' series. This is a series explaining the basic beliefs of the restored gospel, doctrines unique to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

In the February Ensign the article was titled, 'Life Before Birth'. The first part of the article expressed how important it was to have a knowledge of the doctrine of pre mortal life. Boyd K. Packer is quoted as saying, 'When we understand the doctrine of pre mortal life, then things fit together and make sense'.

I would like to review the important aspects of the preexistence in this article.

Our intelligence has always existed, and had no beginning.

At some point spirit bodies of matter were created for us, and we became literal spirit sons and daughters of heavenly parents.

We have the potential to become like Him.

We come to earth without memory of our prior existence.

These items seem very 'small and simple', but it is amazing how many things fit together and begin to make sense if we keep these simple things in mind as we discus other aspects of the gospel. The above items have been very important to many of my recent posts and comments.

I have been studying a little about the preexistence and found a great article from the January 1989 Ensign and I am making a post based on this article on the Blogger of Jared here.

1 Comments:

At 3/28/2006, Blogger annegb said...

I'm behind in my reading, but I'm starting on January.

I love this principle of the gospel. Life before birth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

link to MA