8/14/2006

A Father's Lullaby

There have been several baby announcements on the bloggernacle in recent weeks. I congratulate all of these families and wish them the best.

I have had four children of my own, and have spent several late nights, pacing the floor, with a screaming baby. On one of these nights I composed a poem that I have come to call 'A Father's Lullaby'. I think it captures much of the feeling of a tender parent during such nights. I hope you enjoy this poem, and that some of you parents might sing it to your lovely infants as you attempt to comfort them. I am pleased to share this with you.



A Father's Lullaby

by Eric Nielson



Go to sleep,
You little creep!



The End.

4 Comments:

At 8/15/2006, Blogger Ryan said...

Wow. I am moved, nigh to tears.

I think you have really pinpointed the essence of the human soul as it responds to the lilting screech of a wailing baby

 
At 8/15/2006, Blogger Eric Nielson said...

Glad you liked it, Ryan.

 
At 8/15/2006, Blogger BrianJ said...

Eloquent! A true word-smith.

 
At 8/15/2006, Blogger Eric Nielson said...

Thanks Brian.

I particularly like how 'sleep' and 'creep' rhyme.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

link to MA