6/19/2006

I'm Turning Into My Dad!

A few people express that as they grow older, they find themselves turning into their parents. In many ways I see myself turning into my dad.

I find myself being interested in many of the same things he is interested in. I am finding we have a similar attitude and approach to the gospel. I say the same kind of jokes he did, saying them over and over for years just like him. Basketball and chess. A certain 'no-nonsense' in formal settings, a certain silliness when informal. A kind of social inhibition at times. Pursuing amateur writing on gospel topics. A desire for a simple life. We have a lot in common.

I have been influenced by many in my life. But there is only one mortal individual that I see myself turning into. And that is my dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

link to MA